Best way to clean tile floor and grout
Tile floors look truly beautiful for the shine and the sparkle that they offer. But they require regular cleaning to maintain that sparkling beauty, which may not be an easy task for many. As a result of leaving unattended, stains, grouts, mildews and scum will make your floor look dull and unattractive. To help you protect the beauty of your floor, we suggest a few easy to apply tips. The suggested set of tips is the most effective way to clean tile floor, stains and grouts.
Step #1: Empty the floor to be cleaned
Take all floor mats outside.
Step#2: Sweep and Vacuum
Using both a vacuum and a broom will allow you to clean the entire floor as well as to get into corners and crevices. Don’t let dirt stay for a long time in wet areas as they can turn into hard-to-remove grime. To get good results, you should always buy the best vacuum from upright or canister types.
Step# 3 : Clean your floor
1) Everyday cleaning:
Mop the floor with warm water. The simplest and the best way to clean tile floor without stains is to run a damp mop over the floor. Clean the mop in fresh warm water after mopping one section of the room, and keep cleaning the entire floor this way. Again, the easiest and the best way to clean tile floor is to repeat mopping every day and you can make your floor smile back at you always this way.
2) Deep cleaning to remove stains, mildew, grouts and bring back lost shine:
Remove stains from tile floors: Prepare a paste using a 50/50 mixture of scouring powder and warm water. Let the paste to stay for 20 minutes. Then scrub with a brush till the stain is gone. Wipe away the paste with a soft cloth and then rinse with warm water.
Mildew usually grows in areas of tile floors that remain wet most of the time. Bathroom is one such area in many houses. To prevent mildew from growing, clean bathroom floor everyday and also let air and sunlight in for a while. In case, you can’t, buff dry after cleaning with a mop or a cloth. Still, if you see mildew growing, make an ammonia and water solution (1:1) and apply. You should let the paste stay for a while, scrub and then rinse well. Can you see the difference now?
Clean grouts for a perfect look of your floor:
Remover 1: Paste of baking soda and water
• Apply and then scrub. To get in between tiles, use a narrow brush
• Wash the grout with warm water and buff dry
• For strong stains, repeat. Make sure you let the paste get into the grout
Remover 2: Pencil eraser
• Grab a pencil with a white eraser
• Run the eraser over the stain until it is vanished
Remover 3: Bleach Solution
• Prepare a solution of bleach and water (3:1)
• Apply the paste into the grout putting gloves on
• Scrub with a brush after some time
• Rinse to remove residual bleach and then dry (using a cloth)
• Consider applying a coat of grout sealer to the grout between the tiles. This will prevent your floor from absorbing dirt in the future.
Make floor shiny:
Soap scum or runny water may leave spots and marks around your sink, bathtub and other areas of your floor. Best way to clean tile floor and bring back the lost sparkle, follow the below steps:
• Make a solution with ½ cup white vinegar, ½ cup ammonia, and ¼ cup borax mixed in about 4 liters of warm water and scrub until stain is gone
• Rinse well with cool water and let air-dry the area.
• For more shine, use detergent. Repeat mopping with fresh water to remove any slippery feel.
Step # 4: Mop the Floor
Dip the mop into warm and plain water. Wring out excess water and work the mop across the floor working your way
towards the door.
By now your floor should look clean and shiny. Let air dry it to get a no-smudge finish or alternatively, you may dry it using a cloth.
Step# 5: Vacuum your floor mats and put those back on place
Your floor mats should be vacuumed as they will hold plenty of dirt. Then return the rugs and mats to places to give a perfect look to your floor. Again, use a good vacuum cleaner for perfect cleaning. If you already do not have one of best quality, you should plan to buy one. To get help in your buying process, you may want to see our Buying Guide.
Once you apply our suggested tips, you will certainly get excellent results and may want to recommend others this set of tips as the best way to clean tile floor, stains and grout. If, additionally, you are looking for tips to safely take care of your hardwood floor, click.
To get regular updates, always visit us on http://thebestvacuumforhardwoodfloors.com